David Snow, 1928-2017

Mr. David L. Snow, 87, of LaPorte, died Saturday, April 15, 2017, at Advocate Christ Medical Center.

He was born Feb. 17, 1928, in Marion, IN, to Erna D. and Eula (Imler) Snow.

David retired in 1988 from the Maintenance Department at NIPSCO after 38 years of service. He was a lifelong member and past state president of the Fraternal Order of Eagles, most recently a member in the Plymouth area.

On June 6, 1948, in LaPorte, he married Barbara Miller, who preceded him in death Aug. 23, 1995. On Dec. 1, 1997, in Elizabethtown, KY, he married Kay F. (Travis) Snow, who survives.

He is also survived by three sons, Edwin (Sharon) Snow of LaPorte, Richard (Marjorie) Snow of Lafayette, IN, and Donald (Susan) Snow of LaPorte; two stepsons, Glenn E. Oman Jr. of LaPorte and Geoffrey Sellers of LaPorte; six grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; sister, Lily Johnson of Trenton, MO; and brother, Robert Snow of Normal, IL.

David was preceded in death by his parents; first wife, Barbara Miller; daughter-in-law, Sharon Snow; three sisters, Mary Flash, Fern Stevens and Edna Stricler; two brothers, Edwin E. Snow and Allen Snow; and stepson, Gregory A. Oman.

The family will receive friends at Haverstock Funeral Home and Cremation Services, LaPorte, on Friday, April 21, from 6 to 8 p.m. with an Eagle Service at 7:30 p.m.; and on Saturday, April 22, from 9 to 10 a.m. A life celebration will be held Saturday at 10 a.m. at the funeral home with Rev. Dennis Meyer officiating. Interment will follow at Patton Cemetery, LaPorte.

Memorial contributions may be made to the donor’s choice.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.haverstockfuneralhome.com.

14 Responses to “David Snow, 1928-2017”

1. Bette Conroy

Apr 18. 2017

Kay, So sorry about David. If I can do anything please let me know.

2. Betty Wheatbrook

Apr 18. 2017

Kay, So sorry for your loss, all my family send their condolences to you and the family. God Bless!

3. Debra (Huber) Ingram

Apr 18. 2017

Ed, I am so very sorry for the loss of your father. I will certainly miss seeing him at Countryside. He was such a pleasant man who always had a smile or kind word. You were always so devoted to him, seeing him daily. God bless you. I will be praying for you and your family.

4. Evelyn Utroske Bechinski

Apr 18. 2017

Ed, sorry to hear of your dad’s passing. It’s not easy, but in a better place with your mom.

5. Linda Mrozinski & Terry Miller

Apr 18. 2017

Ed and family, Terry and I were saddened to hear of another loss for you of a loved one. May fond memories of your father bring you comfort during this hard time in your life. Our heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

6. Gary & Cinda Searing

Apr 18. 2017

Sorry for your loss, I pray you find comfort in knowing he’s not suffering any longer, and he’s at home in heaven with his wife and Jesus!
    Sending our love and prayers for the family.

7. Marge Unger

Apr 18. 2017

Ed, I’m so sorry to hear of your sweet father’s death. He was such a nice guy and know you visited him almost daily and checked on Kay for him, as he loved her so much. May you find comfort that he is at peace now and will forever live in your heart.

8. Mike Pruden

Apr 18. 2017

Worked several years with Dave, always a great guy. Many fond memories. R.I.P.

9. Donna Perschke

Apr 19. 2017

Kay and family sorry for your loss. Prayers and sympathy.

10. Penny Lower

Apr 19. 2017

Ed, you have my deepest sympathies. I didn’t know your dad personally, but my husband, Dave, talked about him alot. He was a good neighbor to the “barber”.

11. Chris Levandoski

Apr 19. 2017

Kay and family, I am so sorry to hear about Dave. He was a very nice man. My sincere sympathy is extended to you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Rest in peace Dave.

12. Linda Torres

Apr 19. 2017

So VERY sorry for your loss, Ed. May you find comfort in warm memories of your Dad; and in knowing others are thinking about you and praying for you and your family.

13. Rhonda Davis

Apr 21. 2017

Happy nightcrawler hunting my friend!! I miss your face.

14. Dave and Joan Luther

Apr 21. 2017

Kay, So sorry for your loss. I new Dave for many years. He was a great guy to be friends with.