Information provided by various sources

Frontline Foundations, a drug addiction treatment center at 605 Michigan Ave., LaPorte (www.frontlinefoundations.com), teamed with a fellow addiction recovery source, The Artistic Recovery (TheArtisticRecovery.com), to present a video featuring LaPorte Mayor Blair Milo talking about sources available to address addiction and recovery in the community.

View the video by clicking on this link and then clicking on the video “LaPorte Mayor on addiction in the community”: https://theartisticrecovery.com/video/

“One of the single most troubling undermining of the fiber of our community, and of our families, is that of opioid addiction,” Milo said. “After we re-emphasize that a key to the reduction of opioid addiction is to ensure we do everything in our power to stop the illegal sale of drugs via criminal drug peddling and curb the profuse writing of prescriptions for opioids, we then need to focus on the importance of our supportive efforts for those addicted to pursue and succeed in recovery. I felt it important to share my interview with you that I recorded on this very critical issue. I hope you will take a few moments to hear what I had to say, desiring that it help us all recommit to understanding and supporting all the efforts being made in moving the dial in a positive direction in drug recovery efforts in our community.”

8 Responses to “Milo offers frank facts, local options for help in new video addressing substance abuse”

1. Anon

Jun 16. 2017

Do mayors have term limits?

2. lawman

Jun 16. 2017

yes-we must do everything in our power to stop illegal opioid sales. just read the arrest notices. two. three, and even more convictions for illegal sales but guy selling is still on the street. the police do their jobs again and again. THE COURT SYSTEM is failing us by giving minimal sentences and wrist slaps.just go back and look at mug shots from this year alone-almost all the perps have the same smug look on their faces ”i’ll be back”

3. Lori Dunkin

Jun 16. 2017

Lawman: You must work for the LCSD as you have the same “bully cop” attitude that i have experienced from a few if our counties finest. Dont get me wrong. The tide has turned with the new sherriff. I am greatful for Mr. Boyd. I have seen and experienced the change when I have sought help from LCSD. Your mindset undermines the sincere efforts of our county officials in trying to help those afflicted and their families. I have read plenty of your posts over time and have concluded you are simply an impotent blowhard doing nothing more than blowing hard. Roll up your sleeves and toss your name in the hat when election time comes and see if anyone cares what you have to say. Crime is crime and offenders should take their licks accordingly. They have families who are affected by their misdeeds and they suffer for it too. If anyone has the answer to this problem, patent it and sell it. Until then lawman: hush your mouth. I wont hide behind a silly nickname, i will tell you my name. My name is Lori Dunkin: the mother of an recovering addict. Until you have been in the trenches in this war please just shut up or roll your sleeves up.

4. Anon

Jun 16. 2017

This is great and all but it’s not fair for people who are in actual pain and have to suffer because of people who abuse them. They just use that as an excuse on why they started using….they didn’t start because a dr gave them a prescription for an opioid. They started abusing them because they liked the way it felt, then moved on to harder drugs. It was not the doctors fault. Now the people who actually need them have to jump though hoops and a lot of the time don’t even get anything. Take responsibility for your addiction and stop blaming the doctors.

5. lawman

Jun 16. 2017

I believe I presented FACTS. I also presented my opinion. Since it disagrees with yours I am in your eyes a bully with a cop attitude. trying to figure out what you mean by that. I respect our law enforcement. as for rolling up my sleeves I did that in sunny southeast asia before you were born. so I have been in the trenches, just a different war. I will continue to ”blow hard” as it is freedom of speech-something I fought for in my trenches. as for the pen name-a lot of us use them sorry it bothers you

6. Mari

Jun 16. 2017

Way to go Lori, about time someone told AKA “lawman” to put up or shut up!!! And you are right the families suffer more than the addict.

7. Greg Kelver

Jun 17. 2017

Well said Lori Dunkin. The “War on Drugs” has been a miserable failure but guys like “Lawman” think that somehow doubling down on failed policies is going to get a different result in the future. I would agree that Sheriff Boyd seems to be bringing solid improvement and laying groundwork for continued improvement in the future. Mayor Milo does deserve credit for a better understanding and more enlightened approach to dealing with the drug problem than many of her conservative cohorts possess. A new approach is sorely needed but until the mentality changes at the state and federal levels, the local officials are going to be the ones who are bearing the brunt of the problem and cleaning up the mess it has made in our communities.

8. Scott

Jun 19. 2017

Lawman it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. Every other day you’re on here presenting your opinions. They usually have a negative connotation. Try expressing your opinions in a positive matter for a change. You’re like an old troll just baiting people to get into a war of words. Not saying there’s no truth in some of what you say it’s how you come across is just so rude and bleak. Thank you for you’re service.