Clayton Younggreen, 1961-2017

Clayton Allen Younggreen, 55, of LaPorte County, passed away unexpectedly Tuesday, July 11, 2017.

Clayton was born August 24, 1961 to Jack Younggreen and Thresa Prestin.

Clayton owned the New Prairie Small Animal Clinic and Younggreen Livestock. First and foremost, he was a great father and always helped his children whether it be with advice, listening, or helping each of them pursue their interests. He had a passion for horses, enjoyed the simple life and was quick-witted – whether you appreciated it or not. Clayton also had a fondness for helping people with special needs and veterans through horse therapy. He had an unforgettable personality and will be greatly missed by those whose lives he touched.

On June 10, 2000, he married Kay Tuholski, who survives with children, Dane (Jennifer) Younggreen of Union Mills, Indiana, Amanda (John) Dowler of Columbia, South Carolina, and Gabriel Younggreen and Grace Younggreen, both of LaPorte; granddaughter, Madeline Younggreen; his mother, Thresa (Don) Peters of Hanna, Indiana; brother, Dan (Sharon) Younggreen of Hanna; sister, Sherry (Mike) Stacey of LaPorte, half-sister, Janine Krieger of Valparaiso, Indiana; and numerous extended family members.

He was preceded in death by his father and grandparents.

Visitation will be from 2-7 p.m. Sunday, July 16,  at Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte. A funeral service will be held at 7 p.m. Sunday immediately following visitation.  In honor of Clayton, everyone is asked to wear blue jeans with cowboy boots or Chuck Taylors if you have them. Friends and family are invited for snacks and desserts after the service.

Memorial contributions may be made to BraveHearts Therapeutic Riding, 7319 Maxon Rd., Harvard, IL 60033.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.esslingfuneralhome.com.

9 Responses to “Clayton Younggreen, 1961-2017”

1. Cherie Mack

Jul 13. 2017

Mine and Bill’s hearts are broken. Clayton was everything and more that is stated above. Gabe, Grace, and especially you, Kay, have been receiving our prayers since we received this devastating news.

2. Nancy Hebb

Jul 13. 2017

Kay and family, I have been in shock all day since I saw this sad sad news on Facebook. I know it has been ages since we have connected but you guys have always been two special people in my heart. I send my love, prayers for peace and comfort during this hard time.

3. Virginia Behenna

Jul 13. 2017

Dear Kay and family,

Deepest, deepest, sympathy,
    I am so very sorry. I have no words that can express truly how I feel. Ill be thinking of you and your family in the days to come, Prayers to all of you.

4. Gary McMahan

Jul 14. 2017

Kay, was so glad to meet you before I retired. The Youngreen family was such a wonderful part of my youth. Clayton certainly carried on the traditions of caring and giving. I don’t know if you remember my saying I babysat him. I pray for you and your children and Teresa and Don 2 very special people.

5. Joe Van mol

Jul 14. 2017

Dear surviving family,
    As a former resident of LaPorte, I always feel a deep sadness when such s good person passes too soon. My sincerest sympathies.
    And to Kay, I knew a Tuholski family well during my time. Larry and Barb were my students at LPHS.
    When you get a chance please let them know I much I enjoyed their mom and dad as we
    Lost track years ago.
    Very respectfully,
    Joe Van Mol
    Former teacher
    LPHS

6. Mike Lintner

Jul 14. 2017

Kay,
    Kim & I were shocked and saddened to hear of Clayton’s passing. You, the children, and all the family have our condolences. Clayton was a good man and will be missed by many.

7. Crystal and Chad DeWiyt

Jul 14. 2017

Sincere condolences to Clayton’s family. His charm and wit will be truly missed amongst his cutting friends. A horseman through and through. Blessed to have known this great man. Peace and prayers.

8. Amber Forrester

Jul 14. 2017

Kay I am sending prayers to you and your family.

9. Mike and deb ohime

Jul 14. 2017

Kay, our hearts are broken for you and the whole family! We are thinking about you and praying for you all! All our love is sent your way!