Ruby Wade, 1926-2017

Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, is handling the arrangements for Ruby Virginia Wade, 90, of LaPorte, Indiana, who passed away Monday, October 9, 2017.

She was born October 26, 1926, in Merrillville, Indiana, to Joseph Earl and Cleo Virginia (Rank) Lucas.

Ruby retired as a Certified Laundry Manager with LaPorte Hospital after 17 years.  She previously worked at Fairview Community Hospital and Beatty Hospital in Westville.

Ruby was a member of First United Methodist Church in LaPorte and Dorcas Circle, and was a RESPIT chairwoman.  She was a member and past president parley of American Legion Auxiliary Post 83, and a member of VFW Auxiliary Post 1120, the Friendship Club, LaPorte Hospital retirees, LaPorte Hospital Auxiliary, Swanson Adult Activity Center, Washington Park Senior Citizens Center in Michigan City, LaPorte County Historical Society, LaPorte Travel and Camera Club, and AARP. Ruby also founded the California Township School Reunion, Starke County.

Ruby leaves behind her sons, Jim (Chris) Wade, Dana (Linda) Wade and Zane (Kim) Wade, all of LaPorte; grandchildren, Sarah (Max) Bender, Jamie (Louie) Ruiz, Ryan (Sarah) Wade, Robin Wade, Samantha (Mike) Balich, Nate (Dana) Wade, Nick (Lindsey) Wade, and Bret Wade; and eight great-grandchildren. A son, Robin Wade, and brothers, Norman and Louis Lucas, preceded her in death.

Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, October 11, at Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, October 12, at the funeral home, where friends may visit one hour prior to the service.  Burial will follow in Patton Cemetery, LaPorte.

Memorial contributions may be made to First United Methodist Church of LaPorte, American Legion Post 83 of LaPorte, or the Healthcare Foundation of LaPorte.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.esslingfuneralhome.com.

22 Responses to “Ruby Wade, 1926-2017”

1. JoAnn Renz

Oct 09. 2017

I worked with her at LaPorte Hospital years ago. She was a very nice lady. Sorry to hear of her passing. Prayers for her family and friends.

2. Virginia Lancaster

Oct 09. 2017

I remember my mother mentioning Ruby when we were kids. Mot sure exactly how she knew her but I suspect through church work. I worked with Zane at Roll Coater. I am so sorry for your loss and am keeping all of you in my prayers at this difficult time.

3. Jamie, so sorry for your loss. Your Mom was quite a character.

4. Sally Bachman Bergman

Oct 09. 2017

I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. She was with my dad at Golden Living before he passed. She always had a smile on her face. Such a sweet lady.
    Prayers for your comfort.

5. Theresa Bernacki

Oct 09. 2017

Zane, so sorry for yr loss, prayers for you and your family. Theresa and Ruth Bernacki.

6. Kathy & Jim Nova

Oct 09. 2017

Jim, Dana, & Zane and the entire Wade family – so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. We are out of town but want to send hugs and prayers to all of you at this sad time. Thinking of you, Kathy & Jim.

7. Mike McFerron

Oct 09. 2017

Jim, Dana, Zane & extended families – My sincere condolences.

Mike McFerron

8. Donna Hunsley

Oct 10. 2017

Our deepest sympathy to the entire Wade family. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Howie & Donna Hunsley

9. Bud & Chris Mas

Oct 10. 2017

Jim, Dana, Zane and family,- very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. That picture says it all – she was a gem! I remember her from the hospital and the neighborhood. RIP Ruby.

10. Lenee Filo

Oct 10. 2017

Jim, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your mom. I have many memories of her from the VFW. May God Bless and comfort you all.

11. Susan Klibinski

Oct 10. 2017

Dana and Linda, so sorry for your loss. Please know that I’m praying for you and yours. May God bless and be with you all.

12. Grace goers

Oct 10. 2017

Ruby was fun and loved her family so much. She always had a smile and something to say. My prayers are with you

13. Deb Kuta

Oct 10. 2017

To the entire Wade family, so sorry for the loss of Dear Aunt Ruby! I worked for her in the hospital laundry when I was in High school! So did my husband Craig! She was a grand lady!
    Love and Prayers to you all in this time of sorrow!

Deb Kuta

14. barb zernick

Oct 10. 2017

Sorry for your loss. Ruby was one of a kind!

15. Bob & Karen Cenkush

Oct 10. 2017

Zane sorry to hear about your mom, what a life 90 years I hope they were all good and pleasant. Keep her in your thoughts and she will be with you for ever!
    Bob

16. Larry Lufkin

Oct 10. 2017

I’m truly lucky to have known & learned from a person like Ruby., so full of life. I have so many great memories of her . Thanks Ruby

17. glen wade&Jackie wade

Oct 10. 2017

Ruby was instamental in my lifes happenings. She introduced me to my wife Jackie 55yrs of happiness&love. Lots of good memories. Happy & loving person.Always part of our family. Thanks Ruby.

18. Marti Arney

Oct 11. 2017

Jim, Zane, Dana and the entire Wade family my deepest condolences. Your mother was a wonderful lady who kept our mother Mary Sass busy doing things. May she Rest In Peace.

19. Linda Kiger Howell

Oct 11. 2017

Loved your mom. So sorry for your loss!!!she will be missed!!

20. Jean Smith

Oct 11. 2017

Sorry for your loss Jim and Zane and your family

21. Diana VanSchoyck Mebust

Oct 13. 2017

Jim and Family…Sorry for the loss of your mother. I remember her attending the Auxiliary Meetings at the Hospital. Such a nice and friendly lady. May you be comforted by your many fond memories of her. God Bless

22. Lisa

Oct 14. 2017

I worked for Ruby in 1978 she was my first boss at the hospital so sorry to hear she has passed .Thoughts and prayers to your family