Blair Larson, 1980-2018

Blair Larson, of California, formerly of LaPorte, IN, passed away at home on January 14, 2018, at the age of 37.

Blair was born in LaPorte to Mary Carol and Terry Larson. He married Brandy Hula in 2017.

Blair was a proud graduate of Culver Military Academy in 1999. He received a degree from Indiana Wesleyan University.

Blair was preceded in death by his grandparents, Lucia and Emory Magnuson and Gladys and Dewey Larson, and his uncle, Larry Larson.

He is survived by his wife, Brandy Hula-Larson of California; parents, Mary Carol and Terry Larson of LaPorte; sister, Jennifer (Jeff) Stopar of Perrysburg, Ohio; brother, Eric (Jaimie) Larson of LaPorte; as well as nieces and a nephew, cousins, aunts, uncles, and many dear friends.

He loved hiking, hunting, traveling, playing hockey and cooking.

He will be deeply missed by his family, friends and all who knew him.

A funeral service is scheduled for 11 a.m. CST Saturday, February 10, at St. Peter Catholic Church, 1101 Michigan Ave., LaPorte, IN.

Memorial contributions will be used for Blair’s interment at Culver Military Academy and may be made online at: https://www.youcaring.com/blairalarson-1079778 or mailed/dropped off at: Attn: Blair Anthony Larson Memorial Fund, Horizon Bank, 1500 W. Lincolnway, LaPorte, IN 46350.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP.

25 Responses to “Blair Larson, 1980-2018”

1. billie thresh womack

Jan 27. 2018

I’m sorry to hear of the passing of Blair. Prayers to the family

2. Darlene Jesch

Jan 27. 2018

Mary Carol and Terry, my deepest sympathies. I have no words.

3. Carol and Bob Killingsworth

Jan 27. 2018

Our deepest condolescenes to the the Larson Family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Bob and Carol Killingsworth (friends of Blair’s Aunt and Uncle-Bob and Karel Armstrong)

4. raynell sandy

Jan 27. 2018

Terry. MaryCarol, jen and eric we are so sorry with blairs passing. you all our in our prayers

5. Dr. Alva R. Miler

Jan 27. 2018

Dear Mary Carol and Terry, We were stunned upon hearing of the passing of Blair. It is a really sad occasion to lose a child, probably the saddest time of one’s life. Though you say goodbye for now, it is only until you meet again, and you will love again for eternity. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time, an unimaginable loss for your family. Al and Betty Miller

6. May

Jan 27. 2018

My heart is heavy!

7. Pam and Andy Ruminski

Jan 27. 2018

Thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

8. Don and Mary grott

Jan 27. 2018

We are so deeply saddened and shocked to hear of Blairs passing! Our hearts are very heavy for the whole Larson family!
    Don and Mary

9. Chris and Cindi Boardman

Jan 27. 2018

Our sympathies.

10. Chris Airy

Jan 27. 2018

I will always remember Blair. Most of my memories of him are when he was a young child and played so well with my sons. He was a joy to have around. Always smiling and ready for an adventure. He and the boys had many fun times. We will miss him and never forget him.

11. Kim Vidricksen

Jan 27. 2018

So very sorry for the loss of such an awesome person. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Larson family! Kim and Willie Vidricksen (Blair’s Aunt Karel ‘s step-daughter and husband)

12. Bill Borders

Jan 28. 2018

My deepest regrets.

13. Dan Earl

Jan 29. 2018

I’m so sorry for your loss!

14. Anna Olson Lneardson

Jan 29. 2018

God’s Peace to Blair and to all of you. There are (2) things that God wants from you: 1) Do not hide your memories or pack them away and 2) Live…Live your life fully. Blair gave so much to you all while he was here and though gone from here, he is still in each of your hearts where he can continue to share himself and live through you. I know your hearts are heavy but you are blest and my prayers are with you all.

15. Mark H Hargrave

Jan 29. 2018

Deeply saddened to hear of Blair’s passing. I have wonderful memories of working with both Terry and Blair at Sullair Corp. He was a great fellow; I remember him as very bright, always ready with a quick and wry wit, carrying a good word for everyone. It was a pleasure speaking with him, as his interests were wide and varied. We’ve lost a Good One.

16. Terri England

Jan 29. 2018

My deepest condolences to the Larson Family.
    My thoughts and prayers go you all!

17. Deb Kuta

Jan 31. 2018

My heart aches for all of you! He had a great smile just like you Mary Carol! May the Lord wrap you in His loving arms and comfort you! Deb Beron Kuta

18. Ankur Arora

Feb 02. 2018

My condolences to the Larson family!
    Absolutely Gutted to hear that we lost an amazing , beautiful soul, always cheerful and a lovely person.

We actually never met but spoke for hours and he was suppose to join us back in our team.

Very much loved by all of us.

We will miss you Blair always! RIP Blair!

Brandy , very sorry to hear about Blair today , anything we can do to help please do not hesitate to let us know.

Ankur Arora
    New Zealand.

19. Chuck Borst

Feb 02. 2018

Mary Carol and Terry :
    Please accept my condolences for your loss; and I hope knowing my thoughts & prayers being with you & your family may be of some comfort.

20. Lisa Braid

Feb 05. 2018

Dear Larson Family. I taught Blair at St Joe in 4th grade. I remember his smile and happy disposition. On Career Day I believe he dressed as a hockey player. He was such a joy!!! I’m so sorry for your loss. Many prayers to you!!!!

21. Carol Belzowski Welsh

Feb 06. 2018

Dear Mary Carol and Terry,

Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your son. May God grant him peace and you the strength in this difficult time.

22. Billie and John Pappas

Feb 07. 2018

Mary Carol and Terry,
    Our deepest sympathies. The Lord is blessed to have Blair home. Prayers for you and your family as you celebrate his wonderful love.

23. Sylvia Henry

Feb 15. 2018

Mary Carol and Terry,
    My thoughts and prayers to you all, the loss of a child will never be easy We as parents do our best to love and protect, but its always in Gods hand, may her hold your son close to him.

24. Mary Carol Larson

Feb 16. 2018

Chris,thank you for your kind remarks. We so appreciate you for sharing your fond memories of Blair. We, too, have great memories of our boy’s time spent together! You are so right, they did love their adventures!
    Hugs,
    Terry and Mary Carol

25. Mary Carol Larson

Feb 17. 2018

Many thank yous to all who have sent prayers for us for comfort, peace and strength. As we celebrate Blair’s short life, this truly is the most difficult journey of our lives. Blair was a gift in the lives of so many! Your kindness and caring mean so much to all of us!
    Fondly,