Sally Zeisig, 1958-2018

Haverstock Funeral Home and Cremation Services, LaPorte, is handling the arrangements for Sally A. Zeisig, 59, of Bunnlevel, North Carolina, who passed away Thursday, February 22, 2018, at the Emerald Health and Rehabilitation Center in Lillington, NC.

She was born November 3, 1958, in LaPorte, Indiana, the daughter of Joe D. Spahn and Glenna A. (Kimmel) Spahn.

Sally was a member of the Falcons. She enjoyed bowling and golf. She loved to watch Notre Dame football, the Steelers and the Cubs, and she adored spending time with her grandchildren.

She is survived by her son, Jeffrey (Barbra) Zeisig of Bunnlevel, NC; three grandchildren, Leland, Evangeline and Hendrix Zeisig; two brothers, Scott (Margo) Spahn of Waleska, GA, and Jerry (Deborah) Spahn of LaPorte, IN; sister, Sue (Robert) Bentley of LaPorte, IN; eight nieces and nephews; and 11 great-nieces and great-nephews.

Sally was preceded in death by her parents.

The family will receive friends at Haverstock Funeral Home and Cremation Services, LaPorte, on Wednesday, February 28, from noon to 2 p.m.

Memorial contributions may be made to the LaPorte High School Athletic Department, 602 F St., LaPorte, IN 46350.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.haverstockfuneralhome.com.

15 Responses to “Sally Zeisig, 1958-2018”

1. Sally steffy

Feb 26. 2018

So so sorry !!! My thoughts and prayers are with you all

2. Virginia Behenna

Feb 26. 2018

Dear family
    Deepest sympathy to all of you, Sally was just one of the kindest people! She will be greatly missed by all who knew her !!

Gin and Bruce

3. Dean Heise

Feb 26. 2018

My deepest condolences to Scott, Jerry,and Susie. May Sally RIP. I will always have highest of affection for the Spahn family because they treated me as family. Missing u all. God bless you and bring you comfort.

4. Mary Howe

Feb 27. 2018

May Peace Be With You and Sally’s love and memories be with you every day!

5. Chris & Charlie Mas

Feb 27. 2018

Jerry, the Spahn family & Dean,

Sally was nothing short of a “pistol”, Always going full bore no matter what she did, especially sports. So much fun when we played in the co-ed softball tournaments with “Moose” and so many others. Volleyball at the “Y” and the Howmet bowling league. She always called me “Chuck”!

RIP Sally – you left a part of you in many of us!

Charlie & Chris Maslankowski

6. Rich Lenard

Feb 27. 2018

Our sympathy to the Spahn family. We have fond memories of Sally. We are thinking of you during this time. May she RIP.

Rich and Janice Lenard

7. Steve Grace

Feb 27. 2018

Spahn family I am so sorry for your loss. Hinke was always a good friend to me

8. Jan Thode

Feb 28. 2018

I was saddened to hear of Sally’s passing. Sending healing thoughts & prayers to you Sue, on losing your sister and the entire family. Jan

9. Charlene Kimmel Rush

Feb 28. 2018

Sally was my youngest cousin, but could hold her own against any and all! She was a force of nature and a true friend to many. I loved her and her sense of humor, her loving nature and her dedication to her family. We were all blessed to know her! She raised a terrific son that was as dedicated to his mom as he is to his country and three darling grand kids that will really have very special memories of her. I’ll miss ya, Cuz, but I plan on seeing you again! Always, Charlene & Jon

10. Sue Leonard

Feb 28. 2018

I am very sorry to hear this. You are in my prayers. Sally is always in my memories when thinking of my younger years. We were team mates for many years..

11. Zane and Kim Wade

Feb 28. 2018

To all the Spahn family and Jeff, our deepest sympathy. May Sally rest in peace

12. Viki Conklin Lazarek

Mar 02. 2018

My deepest sympathies to Sally’s family. Sally was an amazing lady. She was always so positive, cheerful, funny, hard working and adored her family. She made the world a better place.

13. To all of Sally’s family & friends she was a kind gentle lady that had a huge heart that loved many.

Rest in peace Sally fly high girl.

Rene’e

14. Jerry & Donna Smith

Mar 03. 2018

Donna knew Sally for over 50 years, including the two of them playing beauty shop. I knew Sally from my Howmet days. Donna still remembers the good times on the golf course with Sally & her self supplying many moments of laughter and fun. Donna also remembers the good times that they had together on the tennis courts, bowling alleys and many other sports. We will miss you Sally. RIP. Heavens gain, our loss.

15. Jack Bennett

Mar 04. 2018

May God bless your soul, Sally. I appreciated your friendship as you were a large part of my Howmet memories. I pray for your family and friends.