Mary Konieczny, 1930-2018

Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, is handling the arrangements for Mary L. Konieczny, 87, of LaPorte, Indiana, who passed away Tuesday, March 13, 2018.

Mary was born June 21, 1930, in Michigan City, Indiana, to Chester and Agnes (Foldenhauer) Tamlin.

On September 24, 1949, in LaPorte, Mary married Stephen J. Konieczny, who preceded her in death on June 8, 2014.

While raising her six children Mary held many jobs, the last of which was at Pizza Hut where she was lovingly known as Pizza Hut Mary.

Mary was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church and the Altar and Rosary Society, served as a Eucharistic minister and volunteered at the food pantry. She also belonged to Polish Roman Catholic Union, Merry Moderns Home Extension Club and Polish Falcons, and was a Boy Scout Den Mother, a Blue Ribbon cake decorator at the 4-H fair, and an avid Precious Moments collector.

Mary is survived by her children, Barbara (Robin) Wine of LaPorte, Sally (Mike Kahn) Konieczny of LaPorte, Paul (Dawn) Konieczny of LaPorte, Ann Konieczny of LaPorte, and John (Alison) Konieczny of Big Rapids, Michigan; six grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; brothers, John Tamlin of Florida and George Tamlin of LaPorte; and several nieces and nephews.

She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Stephen; son, Mark; grandson, Kristopher Wine; sister, Helen; and two brothers, Fred and Don Tamlin.

Visitation will be from 4-7 p.m. Friday, March 16, at Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, where a parish rosary will be prayed at 4 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 17, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, LaPorte. Cremation has taken place. Burial will be at a later date in St. Joseph Cemetery, LaPorte.

Memorial contributions may be made to Sacred Heart Church Food Pantry, 130 Bach St., LaPorte, IN 46350; or Salvation Army Soup Kitchen, 3240 Monroe St., LaPorte, IN 46350.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.esslingfuneralhome.com.

11 Responses to “Mary Konieczny, 1930-2018”

1. Dave Lowery

Mar 13. 2018

So sorry for you loss

2. billie womack

Mar 14. 2018

i’m in shock to hear Mary has passed. prayers to the family . we have missed her at SA Real Service I worked with Mary years ago

3. Malinda Brown (Moe)

Mar 14. 2018

Sally I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

4. Vicki Cain

Mar 15. 2018

So sorry for your loss, she worked at a factory with me in the 80’s and we had wonderful fun together then and afterwards. She will be dearly missed but I’m sure Steve was there to welcome her with open arms. Make you know she’s now watching over you as another angel joins God’s ranks.

5. Debbie

Mar 15. 2018

Mary was such a wonderful, beautiful lady!!! She made eating at Pizza Hut so much fun. I still remember her doing the “Macarena” with the song being played on the Jukebox. I would see her at Al’s East and always enjoyed our visits. Love and miss you Mary.

6. mike mcferron

Mar 15. 2018

Paul and family – My sincere condolences.

7. Bob Spevak

Mar 17. 2018

So sorry to hear this. I have fond memories of growing up with Mark and Al Mizia and all the gang of nun frustrators at Sacred Heart. Your mother was (and is) a saint. Remember her waitressing at Round the Clock when some of those kids came in at two/three in the morning all grown up ( after closing a local watering hole). She was a kind woman as we tried to behave. We’ll keep you all in our prayers.

8. Joanne Haferksmp

Mar 19. 2018

My sincere sympathy to all of the Konieczny family. Thoughts and prayers are with you. May all the good memories be with you always.

Joanne

9. Carol Belzowski Welsh

Mar 20. 2018

Please accept my condolences at Mary’s passing.

10. Jihn and Diane Niegos

Mar 25. 2018

So sorry for your loss … prayers for your family
    Such a sweet lady

11. Tammy Frame

Apr 03. 2018

I just saw this on here. My God i’m so sorry. I absolutely loved your mom. I wish I would have know so I could have came to the funeral. Prayers to all you kids. Big hugs