Paula Renner, 1952-2018

Paula S. Renner, 65, of LaPorte, Indiana, passed away Monday morning, March 26, 2018, at LaPorte Hospital after a brief battle against stage 4 breast cancer.

Paula was born July 2, 1952, in South Bend, Indiana, the daughter of the late Robert and Dorothy (Koziatek) Schultz.

She was a graduate of Elston High School, Michigan City, and Purdue North Central School of Nursing. She was the cancer tumor registrar at LaPorte Hospital for many years. The love of her profession and dedication to future knowledge for a cure led her to donate her body to the Anatomical Gift Association of Illinois.

Paula is survived by her husband, David; daughters, Andrea (Joe) Renner-Miller and Chas Hightower; granddaughter, Ella Miller; grandsons, Tyler Smith, Seth Moore and Kendall Moore; and great-grandson, Bryton Glick.

Paula loved her family beyond measure and was very proud of them. She spent many conversations talking about her family to others, but she particularly loved being a Busia. She attended every sports, choir, band, and puppet performance by her grandchildren. Her favorite item of clothing was a shirt that said “They Call Me Busia.”

Paula was a woman of strong faith. She read from her Bible and devotions daily. She attended church regularly until her illness made it impossible. Paula was a constant fixture at church events and could often be found in the kitchen helping. She was a part of the women’s group that took several trips together and met on Wednesdays for study. She loved her Sisters in Christ and her whole church family.

Visitation will be held at LaPorte First Church of God, 2020 E. Lincolnway, LaPorte, on Wednesday, March 28, at 3 p.m. A memorial service will follow at the church at 4 p.m. with Pastor Roger Ash officiating.

Haverstock Funeral Home and Cremation Services, LaPorte, is handling arrangements for the donation of her body.

Supporting her love of her faith, family and profession, memorial contributions may be made to LaPorte First Church of God Puppet Ministry, 2020 E. Lincolnway, LaPorte, IN 46350; or the American Cancer Society at www.cancer.org.

The family encourages everyone — woman and man — to do regular self screenings for breast cancer. If you find a lump, please do not put off getting it checked by a doctor.

12 Responses to “Paula Renner, 1952-2018”

1. Terry Scherer

Mar 27. 2018

Dave & Andrea,

I am so sorry to hear the news.

I will pray for you and your family.

2. Deb Spencer

Mar 27. 2018

So sorry for your loss! My prayers are with your family. I always enjoyed visiting with her and Dave at Packman’s. Such a sweet lady!!

3. Gary & Cinda Searing

Mar 27. 2018

Paula’s smile will be missed. She always had a friendly smile and a kind word for anyone that approached her. You will be greatly missed. While we will miss you we rejoice in your victory. God promised no more suffering no more pain. Thankful for the time we had in getting to know you. Our love and prayers to Dave and the family.

4. Tisa Cunningham

Mar 27. 2018

Andrea and family,
    I am sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I never met your mom, but just from the photo…she looked like a warm person.

5. Sue Henriott

Mar 27. 2018

David & family,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your loss is also my loss and anyone that knew Paula. I was so blessed to call Paula my sister in Christ. We certainly had our laughs and good times. I’m sure Marlene is going to meet you at the Gates. Please give her a big hug from me. You will always be remembered. Thank you all for allowing me to be part of her final journey. I am so heartbroken not only for myself but for all of you. Prayers continue for you all. Love to all. Paula was so proud of her family.

6. Jim and That Leonard

Mar 27. 2018

Praying for comfort and strength for all of you. God has her now. She’s with you all n spirit. She’ll never leave you. The loss is great. But with your love, you will know it’s only for a short time. Love to all of you.

7. Marty

Mar 27. 2018

Peace

8. Don and Joyce heichel

Mar 28. 2018

God bless Dave and family.sorry for you loss,but not heavens gain,separation only for awhile!

9. Mike and Joyce Gillock

Mar 28. 2018

We are so profoundly sorry about your loss! God be with you all.

10. To the Renner family, we are so sorry for the loss of Paula. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you. She will be missed by many.

11. Robin Podell

Mar 29. 2018

May you find the Peace that passes all understanding…

12. Deb and Herman Hammonds

Mar 30. 2018

Dave and family,
    We are so very sorry about the passing of Paula. Our prayers go out to you and your family. She was a great lady and did so much for so many others.