Jennifer Snyder, 1971-2018

Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, is handling the arrangements for Jennifer Janine Snyder, 46, of New Carlisle, Indiana, who passed away suddenly on Monday, June 11, 2018. Jennifer gave of herself even in death by being an organ donor.

She was born July 7, 1971, in Michigan City, Indiana, to Russell and Mary (Pagels) Jenkins, both of whom preceded her in death. Jennifer was employed as a Radiologic Technologist with Woodland Surgery Center in Michigan City, LaPorte Hospital with the EP Lab, and the Lakeshore Bone & Joint Institute. She graduated from Indiana University in South Bend in 2008 with a Bachelor of Science degree and became a licensed Radiologic Technologist on July 30, 2008.

On September 8, 2000, Jennifer married Blaine A. Snyder, who survives. Also surviving are sons, Andrew B. (Elizabeth) Snyder of LaPorte and Adam C. (Jackie Wilson) Snyder of LaPorte; grandchildren, Bridgette and Henry Snyder; siblings, Susan (Kurt) Organ of LaPorte, Lori (David) Jackson of Gaithersburg, Maryland, Sandy Jenkins of Westville, Indiana, and Sam Warner of Kansas; and her rescue dogs, Pepper and Casey.

A memorial service will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 16,  at Agape Christian Church, LaPorte.

Memorial contributions may be made to the LaPorte County Small Animal Shelter, 2855 W. Ind. 2, LaPorte, IN 46350.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.esslingfuneralhome.com.

27 Responses to “Jennifer Snyder, 1971-2018”

1. Faith Goldenstern

Jun 13. 2018

Awwwwwww… Blaine! I am soooo sorry! May she rest peacefully and may God be with you and the boys in time of grieving. Thoughts, (((HUGS))) and prayers to all of you!

2. Lena Moore

Jun 13. 2018

Blaine, there are no words to take the pain away. Just know that you are loved and thought of by so many. Many thoughts of peace and strength to you all.

3. BILL AND Lisa Evans

Jun 13. 2018

I am so sorry Blaine and family .Jen was such a great person .You and family are all in my thoughts and prayers

4. Heather lubs benson

Jun 13. 2018

So sorry for your loss I graduated in 1987 from South Central Jennifer was in the class of 89 what a sweet wonderful girl your family is in my prayers during this difficult time

5. Annette

Jun 13. 2018

Many thoughts and prayers to you all as you go through the days, months and years without Jen! She and I met many years ago in Middle School at Wanatah and we reconnected when I was going to school to be an XRay tech and she took a position at Memorial Hospital! She was very kind and such a pleasure to be around. So very sorry for your loss!

6. Sue Snyder

Jun 13. 2018

Jennifer was such a sweet soul. I loved her very much. She was the daughter I never had. Can’t find enough awesome words in the dictionary to describe her: loving, caring, compassionate, dog lover, loved her family and adored her grandbabies. My heart will forever have an empty space aching for her. I am convinced God needed another angel in heaven, and he knew Jen could handle that position perfectly. Rest in peace sweet girl until we meet again.

7. Susan Weinkauff

Jun 13. 2018

My thoughts and prayers are given to the family. Jennifer was a very nice and loving person. I lived right next to the Jenkins family have known them all my life. She will be missed.

8. Blaine Snyder

Jun 13. 2018

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Jen was just the sweetest person to walk the face of this earth. We have lost a shining star and the world will be a lesser place because of this.

9. Chris and Tracey Cummings

Jun 13. 2018

Blaine:

Chris and I are so very sorry for your loss. Our hearts break for you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

10. Kelly snd Keith Wilson

Jun 14. 2018

Blaine; Words are not enough to say how sad we are for your loss. God blessed you with Jenn, she was a giving loving soul. I am praying he will be with you thru all this sorrow.

11. Terri Ekins

Jun 14. 2018

Blaine, I haven’t seen you in a few years now but I am so sorry you have to go through the pain of losing Jennifer. You will always have a special guardian angel now and she will be forever in your heart.

12. Linda Mrozinski & Terry Miller

Jun 14. 2018

I can not express the complete shock and sadness we felt after receiving the news about Jen. She truly was an amazing person. So sweet and kind hearted with a great sense of humor. Blaine, know that you and family are in my thoughts and prayers and I am praying that God will give you comfort and peace in the time going forward without Jen.

13. Tom Eppley

Jun 14. 2018

Blaine:
    I’m am so sorry for your lost. God has plans for us all, he must have needed her. Our thoughts and prayer for you and your family. Please let me know if there is any thing we can do to help in this tough time in your life.

14. Bart and Carol Collings

Jun 14. 2018

Jen was a wonderful neighbor and friend! She always had a big smile on her face when she walked past with her dogs, brought over hostas to share, and visited with us. She had a beautiful soul that shined on everyone! Our prayers and thoughts are with you, Blaine, and your family. Please let us know if this is anything we can do to help you.

15. Karen Lowery

Jun 14. 2018

Kurt & Dave I am so sorry to read about your sister’s passing.
    You are in my thoughts.

16. Todd Saboff

Jun 14. 2018

Blane,
    I’m so very sorry to hear, you’re in my prayers.

17. Bob & Sherry Johnson

Jun 14. 2018

I don’t know where to begin to find the words,don’t think we ever will.
    Jen is the most beautiful,loving,caring,giving,person we truly ever were blessed to have in our lives. Thank you for sharing Jen with us,So many many good times.
    Time is …
    Too slow for those who wait
    Too swift for those who fear
    Too long for those who grieve
    Too short for those who rejoice
    But for those who love…
    Time Is Eternity

18. Kathy & Jerry Orcutt

Jun 14. 2018

Blaine & Family, our thoughts & prayers are with you & your family.

19. Liz Snyder

Jun 14. 2018

I have said from day one, I hit the jackpot when it came to a mother-in-law, but what that meant was I hit the jackpot in a friend, confidant, life coach, etc. Jen was there for you before you knew you needed someone. There is a void in our lives now, that we have to learn to live with. I’ll miss you forever Jen. I am very lucky to have had 4 years with you on Earth, and blessed to be able to learn more about you in the coming years. I could sit and listen to “Jen stories” all day. Each is funny, inspiring, and comforting, but that’s no surprise at all. You were always funny, inspiring, and comforting too. I love you Jen.

20. Kyla Beresford

Jun 15. 2018

My thoughts and prayers to all the family and loved ones of Jen. She was a great person and I enjoyed seeing her when she would come to visit me at the Chanel counter . I had just been thinking about her and that I missed seeing her when I heard the sad news.

21. Kathy & Jim Kidwell

Jun 15. 2018

Blaine,
    Very sorry for your loss. You are in our prayers.

22. Wilhelm's

Jun 16. 2018

We are so sadden to hear of Jennifer’s passing. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care.

23. Sally & John Miller

Jun 17. 2018

Blaine, so sorry to hear about your wife our deepest sympathy thoughts and prayers are with you.

24. Kleine

Jun 17. 2018

You were my best friend. We didn’t talk all the time but you were always there for me. We had some amazing trips together. Mexico. San Fransico. Getting Allie and Ozziy together. Toure heart was so big. Words cannot describe how much I miss you Jen.
    You loved hard. No question. Blaine was your soul mate. I will take care of him. Watch over us my beautiful friend.. I love you.

25. Teri Dilloway

Jun 17. 2018

Blaine,
    I am soooo sorry! I just saw the obit today or I would have been to the funeral home to offer my condolences in person.
    May you find peace and comfort in the days to come.

26. Bob Pinda

Jun 17. 2018

Blaine, I was so sorry to hear about Jen today. She was such a wonderful and kind person. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if there’s anything I can do. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

27. Blaine A. Snyder

Jun 21. 2018

I want to thank each and every person that has remembered my Jen. She was truly a wonderful person and this world is a lesser place with her not in it. Without the support of our friends and coworkers, I don’t think I could have gotten thru this. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Please never forget her.