John William “Bill” Minich, 1924-2018

Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, is handling the arrangements for John William “Bill” Minich, 93, of LaPorte, Indiana, who passed away peacefully at his home, surrounded by his family, Friday, July 6, 2018.

Bill was born July 15, 1924, in LaPorte to Frank and Anna (Wagner) Minich.

On September 17, 1955, in LaPorte, Bill married Eleanor Ziarnek, who preceded him in death on April 16, 1993.

Bill is survived by a daughter, Laurie (Tim) Caves of Colorado Springs, Colorado; two sons, Joseph Minich and Glen (Becky) Minich, both of LaPorte; nine grandchildren, David (Angela) Minich, Adam Minich, Alyssa (Patrick) Seymour, Luke (Kim) Minich, Lindsay (Matt) Hammer, Nick (Michelle) Minich, Emily (Matt) Clark, Kayla Caves, and Natalie Caves; 13 great-grandchildren; and loving friend, Nina Sayler.

He was preceded in death by a son, David; a great-grandson, Brayden Hammer; two brothers, Allen and James Minich; and three sisters, Ruth Brandt, Patsy Minich and Betty Van Dierendonck.

Bill was a lifelong farmer.  He was the founder of Wil-Min farms. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church and Knights of Columbus, where he was a past Grand Knight, and a member of the 4th Degree.

Visitation will be from 4-7 p.m. Sunday, July 8, at Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, where a Parish Rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, July 9, at St. Joseph Catholic Church in LaPorte.  Family and friends may gather at 9 a.m. Monday in the funeral home. Reverend Ian Williams will officiate. Burial will follow in St. Joseph Catholic Cemetery.

Memorial contributions may be made to St. Joseph Catholic Church, 109 C St., LaPorte, IN 46350.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.esslingfuneralhome.com.

11 Responses to “John William “Bill” Minich, 1924-2018”

1. Greg Hawkins

Jul 06. 2018

A great guy, kind and giving, leaving a
    legacy all of us should aspire to.

2. R&J Wagner

Jul 07. 2018

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Bill brightened up a room when he walked in with his smile, friendly hello and pat on the hand. He will be missed. May he rest in peace.

3. Nina

Jul 07. 2018

Bill was my sweetheart for 21years, We enjoyed dancing, bowling, playing cards, going to the Cubs games. and going out to dinner on Friday night for fish. I enjoyed making him a home cooked dinner on Saturday evening, watching the Bulls and Cubs. We enjoyed each others family and friends special gathering of the KOC and OES,and each others churches. I will miss Bill with all my heart and will always remember the wonderful relationship and good times we had together. I am also grateful for his family and their love they showed to me over the years. Rest in Peace Dear Bill Love Nina.

4. Jeanne L Bennitt

Jul 07. 2018

Sorry to hear about that Bill passed away. I always enjoyed talking to him . He was a great person and got along with everyone.

5. Joan Hensell

Jul 07. 2018

Glenn and Becky …so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Joan and Rick Hensell

6. Amy Huber

Jul 07. 2018

He was the sweetest uncle one could ever ask for. He truly will be missed. Hugs to Nina and all my wonderdul cousins! We all were so blessed to have him in our lives.

7. Diana Elshire

Jul 07. 2018

Dear family of Bill,

What a delightful man. Another angel in God’s Heaven.

Sincerely,
    Diana Elshire

8. Michelle Minich

Jul 08. 2018

Here is to one of the sweetest men in the Minich family! I am so happy to say I was related to him. Bill was one of my grandpa’s very good friends and a mentor to my dad when we lost grandpa in 1985. I never saw Bill without a smile on his face. It’s sad to lose one of the oldest members of our large family, but I know there is a quite a Euchre game or bowling tournament going on up in heaven right now…and two very good friends have been reunited! Cheers to you, Bill! You will be missed!

9. Tom Horvath

Jul 08. 2018

To Glen and Becky, I just learned of Bill’s passing…our sincere sympathy to all. Bill was known by all of us Horvath’s and all the dairymen throughout the area. I always enjoyed his friendly manner and great smile. May he rest in peace.

10. Rich Burdine

Jul 09. 2018

So sorry to hear of Bill’s passing. He was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet. He will truly be missed!

11. Joanne Haferkamp

Jul 11. 2018

To the Munich Family & Nina
    Bill will surely be missed. What a sweet lovable man. My sincere condolences.
    Joni Haferkamp.