Fowl play: Woman reports being attacked by neighbor’s 60-pound rooster

We’ll let the sheriff’s office report tell it:
“On Wednesday, July 4, 2018, I (Patrol Officer J. Roby) was dispatched to 7247 W. Johnson Rd. in reference to an animal attack. The caller, Donna Graham, stated she was attacked by her neighbor’s 60-pound rooster.
“Upon arrival, I was greeted by Mrs. Graham at the front door of her residence. Mrs. Graham stated that her neighbor, later identified as Tracy Harshman, houses several animals at her residence. Mrs. Graham stated that as of late, Mrs. Harshman’s rooster has been jumping the fence and wandering into her yard. Mrs. Graham stated the rooster had jumped her fence once more and she attempted to lure it out of her yard. Mrs. Graham stated she opened the gate in her back yard to hopefully get the rooster to leave, and the rooster began to attack her. Mrs. Graham stated the rooster chased her from the back gate to the door of her residence, clawing and pecking at her. Due to the location of the scratches and cuts on Mrs. Graham’s legs, she took the photos on her own and sent them to my department email account.
“I spoke with Mrs. Harshman as well and she stated she was unaware her rooster had been escaping. Mrs. Harshman said she will attempt to keep a closer watch on her farm.
“Animal Control has been contacted and notified of this matter.”

14 Responses to “Fowl play: Woman reports being attacked by neighbor’s 60-pound rooster”

1. lawman

Jul 06. 2018

wow-60lbs! not sure I have ever seen one that big

2. Donna Graham

Jul 06. 2018

The rooster attacked me at least 4 times which was very painful. I had at least 5 open bleeding scratches on my legs. I am 101 pounds, just came out of the hospital, very sick with MS and lots of other illnesses and on disability.

3. Becky Dipert

Jul 06. 2018

60lbs????? OMG are you kidding. We need a pic of that rooster.

4. Anonymous

Jul 07. 2018

If there’s a 60 lb rooster in LaPorte, somebody needs to get the Guinness World Records people out here to document it.

Even 16 pounds would be enormous- look up the Brahma owned by Fitim Sejfijaj. He’s 16.5 lb (4 lb above average).

5. Sam

Jul 07. 2018

I believe you should not have animals if you can not keep an eye on and take care of them. Nobody deserves to be attacked in their own yard.

6. Foghorn Leghorn

Jul 07. 2018

Do roosters taste like chicken. I believe I would have to find out if I were attacked in my own yard by this rooster on steroids.

7. Sarah

Jul 07. 2018

Wow! I want this thing for a property guard! 🤣.

8. Walt

Jul 08. 2018

Rhode Island Red are known to grow big and heavy. I’ve seen them at Heinold Egg Ranch In KOP as a teen over 45 yrs ago being use to kill field rat getting into the building.

9. lawman

Jul 08. 2018

10. Sean graham

Jul 09. 2018

My wife was the person attacked by the rooster. We have a 2 year old grandchild that comes over. Bottom line we should be able to go in our yard without fear of being attacked

11. anonymous

Jul 10. 2018

I am appalled that people are commenting about the weight of the rooster instead of sympathizing with the person who was attacked. I too was attacked as a child by a smaller rooster & know that they can be very mean. No one seems to care that the person who owns the rooster should be responsible in keeping it in her own yard. A person should be able to go in their own backyard without worrying. BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN PETS,, LIVESTOCK ,ETC.!!!

12. lawman

Jul 12. 2018

anonymous- I imagine you are one of the new breed ”appalled and offended ” by anything that happened. it is just light-hearted fun and no intent to harm anyone-lighten up!!

13. gobnaitx

Jul 12. 2018

I’m sorry the poor woman was attacked. I truly am. But a 60-lb. rooster… That thing would be the size of a golden retriever. Like two good-sized turkeys combined. A (husky) first grader.

I’m sorry you too were traumatized by a giant rooster as a child, Anon. As a child, I was once bitten by a very small Capuchin monkey–nothing near the size of this beast, so I can’t imagine the emotional scars. The fact that so many people pointed out the glaringly obvious error in the report doesn’t imply that those people don’t care about the victim or that a neighbor isn’t keeping their animals under control. They’re just marveling at the claim about its size. No reason to be upset with them–it is quite astounding. Nothing worth getting “appalled” about.

• annonymous

Jul 14. 2018

Just for the record, my comment said a smaller rooster. My grandfather kept his chickens fenced in.