Melody Jackson, 1972-2018

Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, is handling the arrangements for Melody M. Jackson, 46, of LaPorte, Indiana, who passed away peacefully in her home surrounded by family on Thursday, September 6, 2018.

Melody was born April 14, 1972, in Gary, Indiana, to John and Judy (Frencl) McDaniel. She was the owner of the KarMel Coffee Shop in LaPorte and a former telephone operator with GTE. Melody loved her family dearly, including her beloved dog, “Bean.” She loved the beach, movies, and listening to Kenny Chesney music. She always put others first before herself and was known for her big, beautiful smile and the love for life.

On March 9, 1993, Melody married Karl Jackson, who survives with their children, Samantha, Kaitlyn and Karlie Jackson; her mother and stepfather, Judy and Ron Hamilton of Hanna; brothers, John (Erica) McDaniel, Joe (Patti Jo) Hamilton and Ron (Marisa) Hamilton Jr.; and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded by her grandparents, Lola and Charles Frencl.

Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, September 11, at Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte. A Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, September 12, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in LaPorte. Family and friends may gather at 9 a.m. Wednesday in the funeral home. Cremation will follow.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Melody Jackson Medical Fund c/o 1st Source Bank, 2044 W. Ind. 2, LaPorte, IN 46350.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.esslingfuneralhome.com.

9 Responses to “Melody Jackson, 1972-2018”

1. Chris Airy

Sep 07. 2018

We have thought about Melody often. She has been in our prayers, along with Karl and their daughters.
    We miss all the familiar faces at KarMel Coffee Shop and most of all, Melody. She made us feel right at home.
    Melody and Karl were a loving, wonderful couple.

2. Bill Worek

Sep 07. 2018

Karl and family, so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Lean on family and friends for comfort knowing she is pain free and in the loving arms of God.

3. Richard GRodgers

Sep 07. 2018

Karl and Daughters so sorry for your loss.Thoughts and prayers for You and Family.May God grant you peace and comfort.Richard Rodgers.

4. Mike Gillock

Sep 07. 2018

So very sorry to hear of Mel’s death. Going in to Kar Mel was always a day brightener for me, and Mel was usually there, welcoming me! I miss her terribly, and our prayers are with her family. Kar Mel remains my favorite La Porte coffee shop.

5. Linda Mrozinski

Sep 08. 2018

Very saddened to read this. Thoughts and prayers of Mel, Karl, and the girls were in my heart every time I passed KarMel. Cherish the memories you made with Mel. I will always remember her caring ways and her big beautiful smile. Prayers for her entire family.

6. Lynn Lisarelli

Sep 08. 2018

I did not know her and did not go into the shop but had heard of her and knew she was having some health issues. I am so very sorry to read of her untimely passing.

7. John, Sally Miller

Sep 09. 2018

Karl and Family,
    So sorry for your loss our thoughts and prayers are with you.

8. Noel Sharp

Sep 10. 2018

When I went to KarMel she would always have a smile on her face. I enjoyed joking around with her.She was one in a million. My condolences to her family and friends .May she rest in eternal peace.

9. Marianne Steen

Sep 12. 2018

This breaks my heart. She was so pleasant. I really enjoyed the coffee shop.
    I hope your family will find comfort and hope from the scriptures.