Debra Kopach, 1963-2018

Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, is handling the arrangements for Debra Ann Kopach, 55, of Greenwood, Indiana, who passed away unexpectedly in her sleep September 1, 2018.

Visitation and a service will be held Saturday, November 10, 2018, at Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, IN, from 12 to 1:30 p.m. A dinner in honor of Debra’s life will be held at 2 p.m. in the Cabernet Room at T-Bones restaurant in LaPorte.

Debra was born May 11, 1963, in St. Joseph County, Indiana. She grew up in La Porte, Indiana. Debra graduated from LaPorte High School in 1981. Upon taking a job with ATA Airlines, she moved to Indianapolis.  While Indianapolis was her new home, Debra’s heart remained in LaPorte. Debra was most recently a Senior Case Manager with One America Financial Partners of Indianapolis. Debra loved helping those around her and did what she could to make their day better. She also had an affinity for literature. Nothing was better in Debra’s eyes than a good, old-fashioned book.

Debra is survived by her sisters, Sandra Kopach of Saint Joseph, Michigan, and Mary Loeffler of LaPorte; half-brother, George Levy of Corpus Christi, Texas; sisters Karen Moore and Donna Kopach; brother Donald Kopach; half-brother Doug Levy; niece Aubree Loeffler and nephew Nathan Loeffler of LaPorte; niece Karissa Gapanski; and other family and friends.

Debra was preceded in death by her loving mother, Evelyn Rosemary Thielka Kopach, her father Donald Kopach, and both sets of grandparents.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be given to Friends of Greenwood Public Library, 310 S. Meridian St., Greenwood, IN 46143, Attention: Jane Weisenbach. (Please note: Memorial – Debra Kopach).

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.esslingfuneralhome.com.

“Literature seems to offer lessons in human nature that helps us decode the world around us and be better friends.” – Nicholas Kristof

11 Responses to “Debra Kopach, 1963-2018”

1. Sheila

Nov 01. 2018

Deb was a good friend to me and to my Mom.
    Their common bond of books made for a unique friendship. I grew up in LaPorte and knew Deb in High School. We reconnected thru Facebook years later and saw each other when she would come to LaPorte. She always brought my Mom a book.
    I will miss her.
    So sorry for the loss of your Sister. She was one of a kind and will be missed by so many!

2. Michelle R Jackson

Nov 01. 2018

I grew up with the beautiful Kopach girls. 🤗🤗🤗

3. Karen

Nov 01. 2018

and nephew, Christopher Moore.

4. George Levy

Nov 02. 2018

Coming to know my sister Debbie was one of the special moments in my life. She certainly had a honest soul…one of acceptance and kindness. I had the good opportunity to visit with her while celebrating our nephew Nathan”s high school graduation. I am thankful for the love she shared,

5. Randy and Linda Kidwell

Nov 02. 2018

We met Deb thru my niece Amy Branham and discovered what a beautiful person she was inside and out. Deb was always willing to pitch in however she could and I know the Lord welcomed her with open arms. She will be missed by many and leave an empty spot in our hearts. Thank you for your wonderful friendship💗💗

6. Judy Johnson

Nov 02. 2018

I remembered Evelyn Kopach I use to work with her at the nursing.
    home. Sorry for Debra. Judy Johnson

7. Amy (Greb) Branham

Nov 02. 2018

Debra, MY BFF! You are so dear to me.
    You know I will love you until the end.
    I will always be there for you, and
    You will always (and forever) be my best friend

8. Liz Erhard

Nov 03. 2018

Rest in eternal peace my friend! I still can’t believe you’re gone. I miss you terribly.

9. Rochelle Cortelyou

Nov 05. 2018

Debra and I knew one another since kindergarten. She and I became very close in the late 80’s. We had some pretty amazing times. She was always there for me and my son Zach. It is so sad she left us all so soon!! Love her and will miss her!! <3

10. Tammy Turner-Vorbeck

Nov 08. 2018

Godspeed, Debbie. You were my very first best-friend in late elementary school at Kingsbury and I was so happy to reconnect with you via social media a few years ago. You will always hold a very special place in my heart and memory.

11. Rick Kentaft

Nov 10. 2018

I met Deb in 1979 and we have been close friends every since, a kind hearted and loving person to have blessed my life as a friend all these was truly a blessing from GOD. She always had a smile and words of encouragement as soon as she saw you along with a big hug, I will miss her greatly. Heaven has gained another Angel. Thank you for your love and friendship Debbie.