Nancy Snyder, 1956-2018

Frank L. Keszei Funeral Home, Essling Chapel, LaPorte, is handling the arrangements for Nancy Snyder, 62, of LaPorte, Indiana, who passed away Monday, November 5, 2018.

Nancy was born February 2, 1956, in Hammond, Indiana, to Harold A. and Vivian (Schmitt) Bond.

On February 14, 1976, Nancy married James Snyder, who survives.

Nancy graduated from Indiana University South Bend in 2004 with a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts.  She was the office manager at Fitness Plus and Quick’s Towing, and a member of The LaPorte Little Theatre Club.

Nancy is survived by her husband, James; three daughters, Erin E. Goodrich of Shawnee, Kansas, Kelly “K.C.” (Adam) Buell of LaPorte, Indiana, and Kathryn (Paul Jr.) Tigerstrom of Olathe, Kansas; five grandchildren, Colin, Vincent, Alexander, Benjamen and Lexus; her father, Harold A. Bond; two sisters, Christine (Richard) Dusk of Belleville, Wisconsin, and Marilynn Hartman of Rensselaer, Indiana; and a brother, Eric Bond of LaPorte, Indiana.

She was preceded in death by her mother, Vivian Bond.

A Celebration of Life will be held from noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday, November 10, at The LaPorte Little Theatre Club, 218 A St., LaPorte, Indiana.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to The LaPorte Little Theatre Club, 218 A St., LaPorte, IN 46350.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.esslingfuneralhome.com.

8 Responses to “Nancy Snyder, 1956-2018”

1. Tim King

Nov 06. 2018

Still in shock about this. A beautiful soul has left us.

2. Stephanie Brooks

Nov 06. 2018

Our world has lost such a strong, witty and caring women. Nancy was a mother to 3 amazing girls, wife to her soul mate, and a friend to so many. We will miss you terribly, but we will try to remember your smile and love for nature and camping.

3. Yvonne Haines

Nov 07. 2018

I didn’t know Nancy well, but having been in her company showed me what a wonderful, caring, and loving woman she was. I would have loved to had a chance to make her a best friend I hurt for her entire family

4. Terry Scherer

Nov 07. 2018

I’m so sorry for Jim and the family. My prayers are with you.
    I worked with Nancy back in the 80s when she worked at LaPorte Hospital.

5. Debbie Hickey

Nov 07. 2018

You will be missed Nancy. You had such a wonderful smile, laugh and heart. There are several things I will always remember about you! How your birthday was on “Ground Hogs Day”. How much you loved your family and life. God bless all who have to live without you.

6. Sandy Tigerstrom

Nov 09. 2018

We knew Nancy for only a few years..but we immediately knew hat a wonderful person she was..we share children & grandchildren..happy to be a part of the family..she was supposed to show us her Dunes..that she loved when we retired..we will miss her terribly.gone too soon.

7. Bruce and Louise Fisher

Nov 09. 2018

We just met Nancy a few weeks ago. She was so sweet I can’t believe this. Our heart goes out to Jim and all the family. Hang in there.

8. Greta Friedman

Nov 09. 2018

Jim,KC, Erin and Kathryn: I am not in town and shaw and I hate to miss the celebration for Nancy. I will be thinking of you all tomorrow. She was just a delight and I loved the times we were together in shows. Sending you hugs …. I know tomorrow will be a very special afternoon of memories. The Friedman Family