Sleeping Stillwell couple’s pets alert them of house fire

A sleeping couple’s dog and cat alerted them to a fire in their home on Ind. 104, according to a LaPorte County Sheriff’s Office report.
Kevin and Amy Bluhm of Stillwell were sleeping at about 2:05 a.m. April 17, 2018, when their cat started scratching at the bedroom door, they told police. While that was not unusual, they then heard their dog barking. The couple checked and found a center room in the house was in flames.
The Bluhms and their dog and cat were able to escape unharmed. The Pleasant Township Volunteer Fire Department, which Kevin Bluhm serves as chief, extinguished the fire by 3:56 a.m.
The house was severely damaged. Possible causes of the fire were listed as electrical problems or space heaters.

No comments.

Leave a Reply