Diane Stassel, 1948-2019

Diane Stassel, 70, of LaPorte, IN, passed away Thursday, March 7, 2019, at her home.

She was born in LaPorte on Sept. 22, 1948, to Alex and Ruth Stassel.

Diane enjoyed boating and living on Pine Lake. She worked summers at Michigan City Park Department. She worked as Facilities Assistant at Priests of Holy Cross and was supervisor at Arconic (Howmet-Austenal).  She received her associate degree in business from Purdue University Northwest and her bachelor’s degree in recreational management from Indiana State University. She was a 1967 graduate of LaPorte High School. Golfing, water skiing, LaPorte Women’s Slow Pitch Softball, and LaPorte Women’s Tennis were activities in which she participated and enjoyed.

Diane is survived by her sisters, Rita Hubner of LaPorte, Ramona Stassel of Niles, MI, Darlene Klement of LaPorte, and Margaret Lisiecki of Georgia; brothers, Alex and Doug Stassel of LaPorte; nieces and nephews, Christopher (Kelly) Klement of Wabash, IN, Wyatt Hubner of Missouri, Leena (Nolan) Amm of LaPorte, Megan (Kevin) Lisiecki-Yi of Georgia, and Mitchell Lisiecki of Georgia; and great-nieces and great-nephews, Karina Hubner, Henry Amm, Mason Klement and Charlie Amm.

She was preceded in death by her parents.

A Celebration of Life Memorial Service will be held at 4 p.m. (CT) Friday, March 15, at First Church of God, LaPorte, with Pastor Rick Jones officiating. A time of visitation will be held beginning at 2 p.m. (CT) Friday at the church. Cremation has taken place with Cutler Funeral Home and Cremation Center, LaPorte.

Memorial contributions may be directed to the National Kidney Foundation, 30 E. 33rd St., New York, NY 10016.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.cutlercares.com.

7 Responses to “Diane Stassel, 1948-2019”

1. Lynn Lisarelli

Mar 12. 2019

What an utterly lovely picture! I am so sorry. I knew of Diane as she was a year ahead of me in high school.

2. Nicole Thode

Mar 13. 2019

I’m so sorry to hear of Diane’s passing. I thought the world of her. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers

3. Bryan Tilling

Mar 13. 2019

Sorry to hear of Diane’s passing. I’ve known Diane since the early 80s. working at Howmet together always
    enjoyed talking with her. God bless your family and friends.

4. Bob and Sharen Kooyenga

Mar 14. 2019

We are very sorry to learn of Diane passing. She was a lovely lady and always had a smile. We knew her from the Methodist church when she attended there. We will truly miss her. Blessing to your family. Especially Margaret and Rita whom I know personally.

5. Julie Becknell

Mar 14. 2019

So Sorry to hear of Diane’s passing. She was a great gal & I always enjoyed talking with her. Your family is in my thoughts & prayers.

6. Jeff Hunter

Mar 17. 2019

Diane was a very good friend of my grandmother, Edna Allen. Diane was always so welcoming and fun for my brother and I, and we especially enjoyed riding with her to softball games. This would have been in maybe ’71-72.. In my mind I can see her playing for Red Rooster. That was great fun, and a very kind gesture to let us join her. On behalf of the Hunter and Allen families please accept our sincerest condolences. May God bless the extended Stassel family.

7. Sherry Gentry Smith

Mar 21. 2019

Very sad to learn Diane has passed away. Will miss my Friend dearly and have years of memories with her and you all! Especially miss helping her take care of the Priests at Kroger. We also shared Red Rooster softball and talking about our families. God Bless you Margaret, Darlene and your whole family.