2019 Jaycees parade: steamy, but still spectacular

WNLP photos by Bob Wellinski
Wellinski goofed off as usual July 4, 2019, and took only 2,900 photos. Two thousand, nine hundred photos. Slacker. He and the editor pared them down a bit and here you go, another fine Jaycees parade in the books. “Yes, it was hot today, but to see everyone line the parade route to celebrate our nation’s birthday and gather as a community was awesome,” Bob said. Enjoy!

10 Responses to “2019 Jaycees parade: steamy, but still spectacular”

1. Mike

Jul 05. 2019

Great stuff Bob! Nearly four decades of parade photos and you always capture what the day is about! Well done! 👍🏼

2. Kathi Barker

Jul 05. 2019

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!

3. Bob Vaughn

Jul 05. 2019

Bob,
    Another fantastic job with great pictures. You truly are a master with the camera. Thank you.

4. chrissy

Jul 05. 2019

Wonderful photos, Bob! The one of the little boy with the American flag (17th photo from top) would be a great photo for city of LaPorte facebook or website. An award winning photo in my book. also the photo of the girl that leads your story is excellent.

5. Papa doc

Jul 05. 2019

Those photos look great all the way down in Cape Canaveral FL

6. ILUVLP

Jul 05. 2019

Great photos Bob. I’m glad to see the LP parade is still alive and well after all of these years. I still have one of the LP parades from the early 60’s along “J” Street on DVD. From the original 8mm film, to VHS, and now on DVD. Have to preserve those great memories.
    That sword guy used to scare the you know what out of us kids.
    I also remember the tin man on top of Ramsey’s rooftop. We used to call him the “Boo” man for some reason. LOL.
    Thanks for the memories.

7. lawman

Jul 05. 2019

I thought the Orak swordsman was scarier in my day-I know he was Bigger

8. Mark s

Jul 07. 2019

Gosh this brings back so many memories. I live in Phoenix now but I sure miss such an endearing event. We used to sit in front of Herbie Link’s Standard station across the street from Ted’s liquor

9. Gary Miller

Jul 08. 2019

Thanks for posting pictures. I didn’t see the parade in person

10. Sandy Miller

Jul 08. 2019

As always, Bob captures the spirit of the parade in LaPorte! Love the photos!