Philip Heminger, 1948-2019

Philip Frederic Heminger, 70, of LaPorte, IN, passed away on Wednesday, July 17, 2019, at LaPorte Hospital.

He was born in LaPorte on Oct. 19, 1948, to Frederic and Kay (Banis) Heminger.

Philip was a crane operator for the steel industry. He enjoyed Cubs baseball, Slicer baseball and his family.

On Sept. 7, 1968, in New Carlisle, IN, he married Kathy Bennitt, who survives.

Also surviving are his sister, Patricia Forler of Phoenix, AZ; sisters-in-law, Sandy Chimento of San Antonio, TX, and Arlene (Fred) Martin of LaPorte; nieces, Lisa (Cindy) Roddy of New Carlisle, Lorri (Doyal) Momon of Rydal, GA, Lynda Sorenson of San Antonio, TX, Amanda (Sergiu) Bec of Tucson, AZ, and Krista (Jamie) Hentschel of Wheatfield, IN; nephew, Jim (Michelle) Bennitt of LaPorte; and special fur baby, Jayden Rose.

He was preceded in death by his parents and in-laws, James and Norma Bennitt.

A Celebration of Life Service with full military honors will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday, July 20, at Cutler Funeral Home and Cremation Center, LaPorte, with Pastor Jeff Zigler officiating. Visitation will be held Saturday at the funeral home from 1 p.m. until the service. Cremation will follow. Interment will take place at a later date.

Memorial contributions may be directed to Kingsford Heights Elementary School Library Fund, 460 Evanston Rd., Kingsford Heights, IN 46346, or to the donor’s choice.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.cutlercares.com.

15 Responses to “Philip Heminger, 1948-2019”

1. Bob Cenkush

Jul 18. 2019

Rest in peace my friend, we did have fun watching Slicer baseball back in the day!
    Bob

2. Marge Dudy

Jul 18. 2019

Prayers to all the family.

3. Virginia Lancaster

Jul 18. 2019

Kathy, am so sorry to hear of Phil’s passing. He always met his challenges head on but now he can rest. I am keeping you in my prayers during a difficult time. R.I.P. Virginia

4. Linda Stark

Jul 19. 2019

Dear Kathy, So sorry to read of Phil’s passing. He was such a sweet guy. It was so nice seeing you both last year at our reunion. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

5. Nancy Sule

Jul 19. 2019

Kathy, So sorry to hear of Phil’s passing. May you find peace in knowing he is in his loving Lord’s presence. All my love to you, my friend.

6. Mark Dunfee

Jul 19. 2019

My good friend Phil, whom I worked with for years, he always met me with a smile, always had good things to say, Lord bless you my prayers are with all his family!!

7. Eric E Sorenson

Jul 19. 2019

So sorry Kathy for your loss. I’m so glad that I crossed paths with Phil he was a great man. God bless.

8. Sheri Barenblat

Jul 19. 2019

Dear Sandy and Family, So sorry to hear this sad news.
    I know the last months have been difficult, but you know he must have loved having everyone there. I pray your memories will become sweeter in time.

9. Kim

Jul 19. 2019

So sorry for your loss-worked with Phil in Kingsbury-couldn’t ask for a nicer man. Rest in Peace Phil.

10. Wayne A. Heminger

Jul 20. 2019

Sorry to hear about Phil’s passing. Wish I could have been there for you in person. You are in our prayers. Wayne and Roberta Heminger.

11. Tim

Jul 20. 2019

Phil always greeted me with a new joke every morning. Never telling the same one twice. RIP my friend

12. Glenn and karen swanson

Jul 21. 2019

We just heard ,we are so very sorry . Please know you are in our prayers. God bless

13. Mary

Jul 23. 2019

So sorry to hear about Phil’s passing..he was a very kind man, if you needed help he was always there. My prayers are with you and your family.rest in peace..

14. Dana King

Jul 23. 2019

Thoughts and prayers are with you..so sorry to hear about your husband..

15. John Heminger

Jul 28. 2019

Patty
    I am so sorry that you lost your brother, Philip. Losing a brother or a sister is so very hard. I did not know Kathy so I can only say that I am sorry for her loss.

I love you cousin, and I pray that God will help you as you live through this time of recovery from the loss of your only brother.

Dottie and John Heminger