Everett “Mike” Michael Binder, 1951-2020

Everett “Mike” Michael Binder, 69, of La Porte, Ind. passed away Monday, Aug. 10, 2020 at La Porte Hospital and Health Services, following a long series of health issues.

He was born May 20, 1951 in La Porte to Everett Franklin and Marguerite (Skinner) Binder.

Mike was a supervisor for many years at NIPSCO.  He enjoyed baseball and was a past La Porte High School Slicer player.

Survivors include son, Beau (Cassidy) Binder of La Porte; grandchildren, Todd, Blake, and Allie Binder of La Porte; sister, Peggy (Don) Constance of La Porte; and numerous nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents and sisters, Barbara Peacock and Ginger Dittewiler.

Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14 1 at Cutler Funeral Home and Cremation Center, where a celebration of life service will be held at 1 p.m. with Pastor Roger Ash officiating. Cremation will follow the service; interment will take place at a later date.

Memorial contributions may be directed to the charity of the donor’s choice.

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.cutlercares.com.

12 Responses to “Everett “Mike” Michael Binder, 1951-2020”

1. Dean Heise

Aug 12. 2020

My condolences to all Binder Family, Mike was great friend , kind and smiling, played ball as kids thru LPHS together, never had a bad day in his company! RIP Mike

2. Brad

Aug 12. 2020

Sorry to hear of your loss Beau.

• Linda Risner Cromey

Aug 12. 2020

So sorry to hear this. My sincere sympathies to his family.

• Dave Jablonski

Aug 13. 2020

Been quite a few years since we crossed paths. All I can say is “what a great guy and so much fun to be around!” RIP Mike!

• Carol Heise Semla

Aug 28. 2020

So sorry for your loss. Many prayers for everyone.
        Mike was was very great friend of my brother, Dave. Many great memories of both of them.
        RIP Mike

3. Dan Gribble

Aug 12. 2020

Rest in peace Mike.

4. Richard Pate

Aug 12. 2020

So sorry for Mike’s family. I knew him from school and he worked for me for awhile at NIPSCO. We had many mutual friends. He will be missed.

• Debra Birkholz

Aug 12. 2020

One of the best bosses I ever worked for. He would ask you to do something, not tell you to do it. He made you feel like a valued employee. RIP

5. Lori

Aug 12. 2020

I just talked to your dad weekend before this past one. I am so sad and sorry for your loss Beau. He was one of my dearest friends! RIP Mike

6. W. Boklund

Aug 12. 2020

My condolences to Mike’s family. I am very sorry for your loss. Mike was a great guy. He also was a great baseball player with the best throw from the outfield this side of Roberto Clemente. RIP Mike. You won’t be forgotten.

7. Rich and Janice Lenard

Aug 13. 2020

Our condolences to the Binder family on the passing of Mike. We have fond memories of Mike. I particularly enjoyed. playing baseball and softball with Mike. He was such a nice guy and a great teammate.

8. Chris Levandoski

Aug 13. 2020

So sorry to hear this. Mike was a great guy. I new him from NIPSCO. . Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. R.I.P. Mike.