Elizabeth “Liz” Jackson, 1964-2021

Elizabeth “Liz” Jane Jackson, 56, passed away Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, at Munster Community Hospital, Munster, Ind.

She was born Aug. 20, 1964, in Waukesha, Wis., to Jim and Barbara (Looper) Beasley.

Liz graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1988, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Communications.

Centier Bank employees have lost a friend and co-worker. Liz was a Construction Loan Officer with Centier for 17 years. She was known for her expertise, integrity, independence of spirit, quick wit, and sense of humor, as well as for her unforgettable homemade cinnamon rolls. Because she often rode her bike to work, the bank installed her own personal bike rack out front in appreciation of her commitment to their customers and to the community of La Porte, Ind. Liz was an avid reader, gourmet cook and lover of music.  She enjoyed cycling and any project that looked challenging, including personally designing and sewing her daughter’s wedding dress.

Liz is survived by her husband of 31 years, Jerry Jackson. Also surviving are her children, Samuel Jackson and Carly Hucksted; parents, Jim and Barbara Beasley; and siblings, Sarah Beasley and Laura Scott.

Cremation has taken place with Cutler Funeral Home and Cremation Center, La Porte. A private celebration of life will take place at a later date.

Memorial contributions may be directed to the Lou and Jean Malnati Brain Tumor Institute at Northwestern University, Galter Pavilion, 675 N. St. Clair, 20th Floor, Chicago, Ill. 60611; or to the Glioblastoma Foundation, P.O. Box 62066, Durham, N.C. 27715. Links for these two organizations:

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP as well as at www.cultercares.com.

11 Responses to “Elizabeth “Liz” Jackson, 1964-2021”

1. Chris

Jan 13. 2021

Liz was a wonderful woman and a great neighbor. Her wit and zest for life will be missed.

2. Denise Bunch

Jan 13. 2021

We are so sorry to hear this Jerry, Ron and Betty, Much Love to you all From Denise, Terry and Chris (Stigler)

• Baret Strieter

Jan 13. 2021

I’m so sorry for your loss Jerry. I hope your family gets through it ok.

3. Elizabeth Jackson

Jan 13. 2021

I would like to praise Liz for being such a caring mother. I think of all the robotic sessions and all the swim meets that she and Jerry faithfully attended out of love and caring for Carly and Sam.

• Mike Kellems

Jan 13. 2021

I got to know Liz and Jerry during Carly’s swimming years at La Porte. They were the very definition of a perfect sports parent! 100% supportive on many levels.

Jerry, Sam and Carly, you have my sincere condolences.

4. Laverne and Lois Korell

Jan 13. 2021

Betty and Ron , We are so saddened at the great loss of your daughter in law Liz . Our prayers are with you , your son Jerry and his family .

5. Gail Johnson

Jan 13. 2021

Jerry , We are still in shock about Liz as I know you and your family are.She was a fun and spontaneous person who lived her family so much. She was sassy which I liked about her and loved to cook . We will be there for your family if you need anything .Our thought and prayers are with you all

6. Linda Jackson

Jan 15. 2021

Jerry, I had the pleasure of working with Liz at The Cookery. She was always such a positive person. I am truly sorry for you loss. Prayers for you and your family

7. Liz's sister

Jan 15. 2021

Liz was exceptional and my parents often joked that she was smarter than them and they were intrigued that she knew “everything”. I appreciate the comments about Liz being the perfect sport mom. She so was…I remember attending swim meets when other parents were going to Liz for stats which I thought was funny but not surprised.

• Barbara Beasley

Jan 16. 2021

I am saddened by the loss of my daughter Liz, but I am grateful for the 56 years we had with her and for any pain she has been spared. Her father and I are filled with pride for her many accomplishments and for the traits that gave her joy and so many friendships. It’s hard to pick a favorite thing about her. Her intelligence, grit, love of learning, integrity and empathy were all good. But that wicked sense of humor of hers has gotten we through a lot of ups and downs. I will love her forever.

• Barbara Beasley

Jan 16. 2021

I would like to add that my biggest hope right now is that as memories of Liz comfort me, they will also comfort Jerry, Carly and Sam. The suddenness of Liz’s illness and loss will be especially tough on them. Sending them my love.