Moments in Time … in photographs

 

Photos and information courtesy of La Porte County Historical Society Museum

This building at 201 Pine Lake Avenue was built by C.H. Tyler in 1912. It was later Hess Grocery (shown in this photo) and then North Side Grocery and Market with Harry Hoover, proprietor. The photo is dated 1932. It is the current location of Spoor’s Auto Sales. At the time of this photo the window message tells customers that “mellons” are just 10 cents.

These jaunty gents were members of the Philasonian Literary Society, circa 1850-1851. Pictured are Gustavis Rose, William Ward, George Welborn, Milford Rudisill, John Rous, and Milton Durham.

No comments.

Leave a Reply