February 25

 

Compiled by Mary Hedge, La Porte County Public Library

1921

Pool hall proprietors in Otis, Wanatah and LaCrosse had a bad day. Gambling devices and games in their places were held after an investigation.

1971

Another historic masterpiece has vanished from the La Porte scene. The St. John’s Lutheran Church parsonage at Kingsbury Avenue and Monroe Street, in need of extensive repair, exists no more.

1996

Prairie View Elementary School was dedicated. The playground, gymnasium and library seem to be students’ favorite spots.

2011

Get spring bulb plants at Angelo Bernacchi Greenhouses on South Indiana Avenue in La Porte.

No comments.

Leave a Reply