(Update: service information) Curtis “Curt” Passafume, Sr., 1933-2021

Our Lord called Curtis “Curt” Passafume, Sr., to his heavenly home on Jan. 20, 2021.

He was born Aug. 19, 1933, in Kokomo, Ind., to Alfonce and Wilma Passafume.

Curt graduated from La Porte High School in 1951. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. Curt was a very hardworking and successful individual. He worked as a tool and die maker for many years. Curt had been a very dedicated member of St. John’s Lutheran Church in La Porte, Ind., for decades and was more recently a member of Emmanuel United Church of Christ in Sebring, Fla. He was a member of Beechwood Golf Course Men’s Club, as well as Golf Hammock Men’s Club.

On Sept. 25, 1955, Curt married Marian Scholz, who preceded him in death. This marriage was blessed with four children: Curtis L. (Jody) Passafume, Jr., of Hillard, Oh., Karen (Edward) Topp of Crown Point, Ind., Connie (CJay) Murphy of Freedom, Ind., and Kathy “Kayde” (John) Martin of Porter, Ind.; eight grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and many, many nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.

On Jan. 7, 2015, Curt married Shirley Enochs, who survives. Through this marriage, his family was expanded to include four step-children, nine step-grandchildren, and twelve step-great-grandchildren.

He was preceded in death by his parents, sister Teresa Lower, and brother Phillip Passafume.

A Celebration of Life Memorial Service will be held at Beechwood Golf Course Pavilion, 2222 Woodlawn Dr., La Porte, on May 22 at 4 p.m. Please wear masks, maintain appropriate social distance and dress casual.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be directed to Emmanuel United Church of Christ Food Pantry, 3115 Hope St., Sebring, Fla. 33875; and/or St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn. 38105.

He will be missed: He will always be remembered as an amazing husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, and friend to anyone he met. He was always happy with having a project he could help others with his infectious smile and memories will be forever in our hearts. Thank you to his ever-faithful friends, whom he treasured over the years.

Matthew 25:23: “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!”

The family has prepared a video remembrance of Curtis; view it at this link:

Messages of condolence may be posted below on WNLP.

11 Responses to “(Update: service information) Curtis “Curt” Passafume, Sr., 1933-2021”

1. Bryan Tillling

Feb 01. 2021

My condolences to Curts family. I worked with Curt back in the 80’s at Howmet corporation. I used to take tooling to the tool shop for repair and talked with him often. He was a very happy spirited going guy. He will be missed.

2. Charles and Lorraine Friend

Feb 01. 2021

great old friend l0ts of great memories rip curt

3. RHONDA WAGNER

Feb 01. 2021

Jody and Curtis,
    My prayers and thoughts are with you both and your families. Your dad / father-in-law was definitely one of my Howmet favorites. He was always a pleasure to be around and a great conversationalist. May you continue to be blessed with happy memories.

4. Rev. Ron Brauer

Feb 01. 2021

I remember officiating Marian’s funeral as her birthday was on the 25th of April and they were married on the 25th of September. With Christmas being the 25 of December, all Curt had to do was give Marian a gift on the 25th of every month and he wouldn’t miss a birthday or anniversary! .God blessed him with Shirley and the family continued to be enriched by his friendliness and joy for life.
    May you all be blessed with comfort and assurance that Curt’s illness no longer afflicts him, his tears are forever wiped away, and Satan can no longer bother him!

• Bob Braden

May 08. 2021

Curt was a wonderful man, I worked with Curt at Howmet and played golf with him at Beachwood. He seemed always cheerful and a pleasure to be around.

5. Charlie Maslankowski

Feb 02. 2021

Deepest sympathy to the family. To add what Brian wrote earlier, Curt was a passionate soul that always kept things interesting! When I first met him, he gave me that stare of his, then followed with that amazing Cheshire cat smile. Once I knew him better, we enjoyed the banter in the years that followed. RIP “Toolman”.

6. Curt Passafume Jr

Feb 09. 2021

Thanks so much to everyone who shared their memories of Dad. We are missing him for sure but thankful his passing was with peace and confidence. Prayers answered.

7. Rick Henderson

May 04. 2021

Condolences to the family of Mr. Passafume. I went to school with his daugher, Connie, back in the day. May God bless you all in your time of loss

• Joanne Haferkamp

May 04. 2021

With love to all. Many great memories throughout the years. Thoughts and prayers.

Joanne and family

8. Steve Teter

May 04. 2021

I was fortunate to have worked with Curt when I was starting my tool & die career. He taught me a lot and was a great guy to work with. He was proud of his family. My condolences to all of them.