Moments in Time … in photographs

 

Photos and information courtesy of La Porte County Historical Society Museum

Architects Hall & Westerlind, 179 W. Washington St., Chicago, illustrate their concept in this 1912 rendering of La Porte’s Princess Theatre. The theatre was located at 519 Lincoln Way, the location of the former J.C. Penney. The Princess Theatre building was somewhat different in style than this rendering.

This invoice heading for the Joseph Guggenhime business of Dry Goods and Ready-Made Clothing, dated Dec. 4, 1876, is made out to La Porte County by Sheriff Hawkins. The business was located at Michigan Avenue and Lincoln Way.

A patriotic parade float, “The Occidental, The Eagle of La Porte Clubdom.” If anyone has more information on the Occidental, please call the museum at 324-6767.

No comments.

Leave a Reply