Snow is pretty, at least up close

WNLP’s Bob Wellinski says, “These are snowflakes clinging to a fruit tree branch. I found closeup filters and wanted to try and adapt them to my cellphone.” ... Continue Reading →

Maple School, Mr. Howard, Kemp’s — and the bully

WNLP editor’s note: We’re delighted to present here the second of La Porte native Arlene (Ahlgrim) Lighthall’s memoirs of growing up in La Porte. On Jan. 5, WNLP posted ... Continue Reading →

Join the library’s Book Club Battle Royale reading competition for adults

Start your 2021 reading goals off with a bang by registering for the inaugural La Porte County Public Library online reading and book trivia challenge for adults. How does the ... Continue Reading →

Great Shot: They’re not rubbing it in; they’re having fun for you

May Moore, of La Porte, rejoices on Fort Myers Beach Jan. 18 in this photo taken by her husband, Richard. Don’t be envious; be glad they’re having fun on our behalf! ... Continue Reading →

Great Shots: quiet beauty

Corey Goers wrote to WNLP: “I found these scenes on a property south of the airport on CR-150W and just north of Luhr Park. I took these after the march on the Capitol ... Continue Reading →

Apply online now for Unity Foundation scholarships

Unity Foundation of La Porte County is now accepting applications for the 2021 cycle of scholarships and awards. The deadline for submission is Friday, April 2, 2021. Scholarships ... Continue Reading →

Weather allows continued work at Stone Lake walk bridge site

Photos and story from La Porte County Park and Recreation Department The weather has allowed for work to continue on the approach and retaining wall for the newly installed ... Continue Reading →

UPDATE: State vaccine registration site is reportedly working now

UPDATE SATURDAY: La Porte County Commissioner Joe Haney reported Saturday that problems with the state ourshot.in.gov website are resolved. That means people who have been having ... Continue Reading →

Healthcare Foundation of La Porte now accepting more grant requests

In pursuit of its mission and vision, Healthcare Foundation of La Porte (HFL) is inviting grant proposals for health and wellness projects and programs through March 5, 2021. ... Continue Reading →

La Porte’s Healthlinc clinic will begin giving COVID-19 vaccines Monday

Another La Porte County location will begin offering free COVID-19 vaccinations as of Monday, Jan. 18. Healthlinc clinic in La Porte will begin giving the shots. Other local ... Continue Reading →